The Window Manager Report
2021The table is maintained, pretty much daily. The rest of this content is very old (particularly reviews).
I use (2021) Openbox on my desktop, with the assistance of (see Helper Applications) 'dmenu', 'fbpanel', and WorkRave. I still use wmii on some small screen netbooks. One machine has KDE (I don't like it much, but it's better than GNOME), a couple others have XFCE, and one has LXDE. 'dmenu' is installed on nearly all machines.
- Table listing all Window Managers - includes links to reviews of some of them.
- Bloodlines - who borrowed whose code and ideas
- Memory Usage 32-bit - how much memory and how many libraries does each WM use? For 32-bit Intel
- Memory Usage 64-bit - how much memory and how many libraries does each WM use? For 64-bit (a Core 2 Quad in this case)
- Helper Applications - applications that make using X easier (or more interesting)
- Window Manager Languages - if you have a language of choice, look here to find out what WM is written in that language.
- Review Format - my WM reviews are linked from the table, this is the format of the review
- Definitions - if in doubt, read this
- My Biases - Introduction and biases: understanding my biases will definitely help in reading the reviews
- Standards (largely ignored by most WMs)
- Flyer for Penguicon Presentation (200804): Page 1, RTF and Page 2, PNG. Meant to be printed double-sided, may not make too much sense if you weren't there.
- Thanks - where I've got my help