The Window Manager Report - Notes: AntiWM (20080729)
Disclaimer: these notes are guaranteed to be incomplete, and they are probably also wrong. Use them at your own risk.
- by Nolan Liebert, who more-or-less simultaneously launched three WMs: this one, TAL/wm, and dwemo
- "Inspired by ratpoison," which means it's inherited the Ctrl-T-Ctrl-<key> keybindings
- window layout is stacking ONLY, no framing at all, full screen
- This behaviour can be annoying with transient windows, such as the search window for xpdf which is full-screened and completely obscures the results behind it. The author is considering how to handle transients.
- possibly the most minimalist stacking WM I've ever seen
- I'm grudgingly impressed - I don't like the emacs key combos, but this is actually pretty elegant (but I'm not even going to THINK about starting the GIMP)
- Staggeringly small memory footprint